During this online session speakers provided an update on how environmental issues feature in the regular work of WTO Committees and the Secretariat, and shared views on environment-related priorities and opportunities. They also offered an update on WTO negotiations on fisheries subsidies reform and on Member-led environment initiatives in the lead up to MC12.
An Overview of Environmental Activities at the WTO
- Mr. Jean-Marie Paugam, Deputy Director-General, World Trade Organization
An update on developments and opportunities at the WTO’s Committee on Trade and Environment (CTE)
- H.E. Mr. Manuel Teehankee, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of the Philippines to the WTO and Chair, WTO Trade and Environment Committee
Structured Discussions on Trade and Environmental Sustainability (TESSD)
- H.E. Mr. Stephen De Boer, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Canada to the WTO
Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform (FFSR)
- Ms. Alison Hamilton, Deputy Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of New Zealand to the WTO
Informal Dialogue on Plastic Pollution and Environmentally Sustainable Plastics Trade (IDP)
- Ms. Maria Daniela Garcia Freire, Deputy Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of the Republic of Ecuador to the WTO
- Carolyn Deere Birkbeck, Director, TESS
Environment at the WTO
You can view this video of a working session on regional perspectives on trade and climate change co-hosted by TESS and regional partners at the 2022 WTO Public Forum.
TESS at the World Trade Organization
This dialogue is part of the Initiative TESS at the World Trade Organization