State of play & next steps on environment at the WTO: Opening Plenary of Geneva Trade Week 2022
This briefing aims at strengthening awareness of stakeholders on the state of play on environment at the WTO through updates from chairs, coordinators and convenors of various environment-related processes in the WTO.
Welcome to Geneva Trade Week
- Dmitry Grozoubinski, Executive Director, Geneva Trade Platform
- Jean-Marie Paugam, Deputy Director-General, WTO
- Sheila Aggarwal-Khan, Director, Economy Division, UNEP (virtual)
Briefings on state of play and next steps on the environment at the WTO
- H.E. Santiago Wills, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Colombia to the WTO, Chair of the Fisheries Subsidies Negotiations
- Mr. Martin Moen, Deputy Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Canada to the WTO.
- H.E. José Valencia, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Ecuador to the WTO, Co-coordinator of the Informal Dialogue on Plastics Pollution and Environmentally Sustainable Plastics Trade (IDP)
- H.E. Clare Kelly, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of New Zealand to the WTO, Coordinator on Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform (FFSR)
Moderation and conclusion
- Event moderated by Aik Hoe Lim, Director, Trade and Environment Division, WTO
- Concluding remarks to be provided by Dr. Carolyn Deere Birkbeck, Director, Forum on Trade, Environment and the SDGs (TESS)
For more information on Geneva Trade Week 2022, please click here.