Job title: Dialogues Manager
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Activity rate: 100%
Deadline for submission of application: 26 August 2022
The Forum on Trade, Environment & the SDGs (TESS) is looking for a dynamic Dialogues Manager to manage the implementation of TESS policy dialogues and events.
The Dialogues Manager will work closely with the TESS Director and policy team to ensure the effective conceptualization, promotion, delivery, follow up and evaluation of TESS dialogues and events. These activities cover a range of topics at the intersection of trade, environment & the SDGs, including climate change, circular economy, plastic pollution, sustainable agriculture and biodiversity.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in the organisation of multi-stakeholder dialogues, close knowledge of the dynamics of multilateral diplomacy, excellent organizational and communication skills, and a proven ability to work interact with a diversity of governments and stakeholders, as well as a strong knowledge of policy issues at the nexus of trade, environment and sustainable development.
We are looking for a candidate who can show leadership and take initiative, is committed to making a positive contribution to the achievement of environmental and sustainable development goals, enthusiastic about building partnerships, and comfortable working as a part of a small, nimble and responsive team.
In line with its mission of fostering inclusive cooperation on trade and sustainability, TESS is committed to building a diverse team and actively encourages applicants from developing countries.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
Management of effective dialogues & events
- Manage internal systems & processes for dialogue and event organization, including in regard to purpose, design, communications, quality control, implementation, and evaluation.
- Manage the TESS dialogue & events calendar.
- Manage the development, growth and maintenance of TESS contact databases relevant to events.
- Build long-term vendor relationships that enable achievement of event objectives.
- Foster and sustain relationships with key partner organisations, stakeholders, and vendors to support achievement of dialogue goals and wider TESS objectives.
- Conduct evaluations based on metrics developed with TESS colleagues and follow up on areas identified for improvement.
Design of policy dialogues and events
- Collaborate with the TESS Director and thematic leads to support conceptualization of dialogues and events, including setting objectives, coordinating concept notes, identifying target partners, speakers and audiences, and planning resources required for strategic, effective and timely delivery.
- Manage the TESS dialogues & events webpages, in liaison with the TESS communications team, to ensure events are well advertised and recorded appropriately.
- Coordinate with TESS communications team on event branding and social media outreach in liaison.
- Ensure that social media materials, image cards are prepared and disseminated to speakers and online.
- Liaise with policy and communications staff to produce post-event event reports, recordings, short extracts and social media postings.
- Manage invitations & reminders to speakers and participants, as well as liaison with speakers.
- Manage participants lists and conduct active outreach to ensure that key stakeholders and experts are informed of and participate in relevant TESS events.
- Coordinate all digital materials needed for events (e.g., event descriptions, bios, presentations).
- Responsible for set up & implementation of dialogues & events (including room set up’ online arrangements & recordings where relevant; timely provision of relevant background materials for participants).
- Attend TESS events to welcome participants and speakers and ensure smooth running of events.
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors (bookings of event venues; catering; rental of audiovisual equipment, room layouts, security considerations) ensuring that event requirements are met.
- Ensure ongoing liaison with colleagues within the Graduate Institute and the Geneva Trade Platform.
- Coordinate the events budget in collaboration with the TESS Head of Operations; track expenses; ensure alignment with internal budget policies, and submit invoices for payment.
- Recruit and manage temporary event staff as needed during busy periods.
- Implement effective monitoring and evaluation systems and contribute to related donor reporting.
The full job description and position requirements are provided in the PDF available on this page.
Interested candidates should send in their application (CV and cover letter, along with 3 references) to email@example.com by 26 August 2022.