Informal brainstorming on environmental goods and services
Posted on 28 July 2021
The Forum on Trade, Environment and the SDGs (TESS) hosted an informal brainstorming to discuss trade in environmental goods and services in the context of the 12th Ministerial Conference (MC12) on 28 July 2021, 09:00- 10.30 CEST at the Graduate Institute in Geneva.
The agenda of the meeting was to discuss,
1. the state of play on proposals for EGS talks at the WTO
2. the proposed statements at MC12
3. interests and concerns of developing countries and how to support their engagement on this topic
4. information and research needs, building on existing work
5. where expert seminars or informal dialogues would be most useful and among whom, both in the lead up to MC12 and from 2022.
6. who is planning and doing what in this space to avoid duplication and promote synergy
The informal discussion was held in a hybrid format under the Chatham House rule, and was attended by 14 experts from delegations, stakeholder groups, IGOs and research organisations.